CHIMNEY CHASE COVER Springs
New Chimney Chase Cover IN Springs, NY
A chimney chase cover is a cap (usually stainless or galvanized steel, copper or aluminum) used solely for a factory-built, prefab fireplace chimney’s flue top. Chimney chase covers (also known as top pans) cover the outermost top of the flue opening and are therefore subject to more of Springs‘ weather than any other part of the chimney and tend to need more inspections more often.
Chimney Cap, Chase and Cover Replacement
Just this week we received an email from a Springs homeowner who waited too long to replace his rusting chimney chase cover. Because he waited so long, everything else needed to be replaced too… we replaced the chimney chase, the chase cover and the chase cap.
Don’t get us wrong, everything now looks, works and functions beautifully, but a simple chimney inspection by a pro like us a couple of years earlier would have saved this Springs homeowner hundreds of extra dollars this week.
Do You Need A New Chimney Chase Cover?
- Galvanized steel: the lowest cost – will rust quickly and need to be replaced soon after installation so it’s usually best not to use.
- Aluminum: won’t rust – but is generally too soft for a chase cap. As a practical matter it’s not a good choice.
- Stainless steel: the strongest choice – costs more than galvanized steel – but will last forever. Stainless steel is considered the best choice.
- Copper: the top quality choice – but the price tag reflects that. Copper chase covers are generally very expensive.
- There’s water flowing into the chimney
- There’s water pooling on the top of your chimney chase cover
- Rust is visible from the outside (which means it’s worse on the inside!)
- There’s obvious damage to chase cover itself
Expressway's Chimney Chase Covers
Expressway would love to handle your chimney, chimney chase cover and other Springs home needs. We also know that there are a ton of other chimney pros out there. So why choose us? We could talk about quality, our leak free guarantee or the ‘Expressway advantage’.
However, we prefer to let our chimney work speak for itself. Check out our Google reviews or even look at some of our previous work. We know that after you take a look, you will see just how much pride we take in each project. For more information feel free to fill out the inquiry form or give us a call at 631.772.6363.
ASK US ABOUT A NEW Chimney Chase COVER!
Chimney Leaks Fixed In Suffolk
Suffolk Chimney Caps Installed
New Chimney Boxes In Nassau
New Chimney Flashing Near Suffolk
Suffolk Chimney Repairs
Chimney Flashing Near Nassau
Suffolk Chimney Flashing Replacements
Chimney Repair Contractor In Nassau
Suffolk Chimney Inspections
Chimney Restorations In Nassau
Chimney Sealing Near Nassau
Chimney Flashing Long Island
Suffolk Cap and Crown Repairs
Copper Chimney Flashing Nassau
Suffolk Chimney Flashing Maintenance
Prefab Chimney Repairs Nassau
New Flashing In Nassau
Suffolk New Chimney Installations
Rotted Chimney Flashing Repairs
Suffolk Chimney Contractor
Flue Liner Repairs On Long Island
Storm Damage Repair In Suffolk
Chimney Flashing Roof Repairs In Suffolk
Suffolk Damper Installs
Freestanding Chimney Installs In Suffolk
Suffolk Chimney Repointing
Suffolk Chimney Masons in Nassau